- 130g plain flour (we use Homepride)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 125ml whole milk
- 1 large egg
- A nob of butter for frying
- Sift the flour, baking powder and caster sugar into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk and egg.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and, using a fork, beat until you have a smooth batter. Let the batter stand for a few minutes to really thicken up.
Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter. When it's melted, add a small ladle of batter. Remember - these are American pancakes so will be very thick and stay in a small circle in the middle of the pan. Wait until the underside begins to brown and small bubbles form on the top of the pancake, then flip it over and cook for a minute or so, until golden brown.
Repeat until all the batter is used up and pile the pancakes up on a plate.
Serve with the topping of your choice. See some of our favourites below:
- Lemon Juice & Sugar
- White Chocolate & Sprinkles
- Nutella & Ice Cream
- Strawberries & Cream
- Chocolate & Caramel
- Butter & Jam
- Maple syrup